For the test I decided to try a short trail out by my house called the Calderwood Butte Trail, it is a one mile trail that I figured would be perfect to give the bag a go...plus, it is never that busy.
I did not load the bag up to capacity, all in all it was probably 20ish pounds, however, I could tell an immediate difference in the comfort of the bag compared to my Gregory Baltoro 65. I say this only cause the Gregory had a too large of torso length for me which caused it to ride incorrectly.
Some quick likes and dislikes:
- Materials, Arc'Teryx definitely did not skimp on the materials.
- Hip belt, I really like the articulating hip belt.
- Hood, nice large hood.
- Adjustability,a lot of different options for shoulder harness configurations.
- Front kangaroo pocket, allows easy access to everything in the bag.
- No ice axe or trekking pole loops.
- Hydration bladder area, seems like bladder is not secure...will report back after serious use.
Overall I am really liking this bag, can't wait to get it out on a multi-day trip and see how it does! In the meantime, a few pictures from the trail.